January 11, 2012

New Year's Dinner/Last Night's Dinner


 New Years 2011:  Surf and Turf goes best with french fries and the "Champagne of Beers", eaten in our pj's and at the senior citizen dinner hour of 5pm.  We were watching movies by 6.  
Every year a group hikes to the top of Pike's Peak to do a fireworks show that starts at 12am.  Managed to stay up long enough (without an alarm!) to see it.  We are too close to the mountains to get the full view, so we watched out of the big corner windows in the back room.

 Last night: Spicy Peanut Stir Fry- two thumbs up! 
I'm actually cooking at home most night's of the week.  All by myself.  So proud :)

Had to pan out so you could get the full view of what I'm working with...

7 comments:

Haley said...

You should boost up that microwave with a four inverted glasses or perhaps a cakestand.

emily said...

it's very light like a cupcake, so that might work :)

Unknown said...

You know, if you never finished the kitchen you could use that as an excuse to eat every meal out. That's my secret goal in life. From now on I will only keep wine and ice cream in my house, and no cooking utensils. Feel free to come visit.

emily said...

since we demo-ed the kitchen 3/11, i'm over it... I'm not sure if I spent more at Home Depot or out to eat ;) and Jon has been begging for real food, if it was just me i would eat cereal for every meal(and if i wasn't 99% GF and DF)...

Mom said...

Proud of you too! Mom

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That microwave setup you have there is like what we're dealing with in our living room. If you can call making all your food with a microwave and griddle 'living'....ha!

Haley said...

What's your stir fry recipe? I tried to make a cashew, spicy, soy sauce thing and it wasn't quite right.