April 15, 2013

Nook = Office

J worked on installing and finishing the trim last week.  He helped move the file cabinets back into the nook and then took Zeb for a long hike.  I was determined to get everything put together and cleaned up, all by myself, before he came back.  We have been discussing how to best use the "nook" space since we moved in.  I was on team Office and he was on team Breakfast room.  My argument was, in a small house we don't need two separate eating areas within 20 ft. of each other.  What we really need is a designated office space.  And I (usually) get my way ;)

Here are all the pieces of the puzzle: two metal file cabinets with a top drawer, a VIKA LERBERG trestle leg and two LINNEMON table tops from IKEA.

I finally finished the paper pile I've been sorting out for 1.5 years.  Paper purge 2013 is history!!

Visualizing and checking the fit- 102 year old houses with "handyman" additions are NOT close to being square.
I had to peel off the veneer on the short side seam and sand off about 1/4 of an inch.  Nice tight seam now.  Don't you love the "window treatments" ;)

 Used a sticky rug pad for insulation/grip under the desk top.

All done with time to spare.   Love this view! There is a lilac out the far right window :)

I think it's even better than I've been imagining it (for the past 3 years)!! I have a crush on my office nook :)  Now I need to get a wireless keyboard/mouse and get rid of those wires...



TO DO LIST:
- install ceiling light
- touch-up paint
- patch wall
- replace switch plates
- order blinds
- install blinds
- hang calendar
- accessorize (plants, photos, office supply organization)!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Better than I imagined too. I want to see a picture from the fridge to the office.